This plugin allows you to create a new project based on another, basically it attempts to copy everything except the issues. It will copy:
- Role memberships
- Custom field configurations
- Optionally, versions and components.
I wrote it to deal with this scenario that we commonly get:
Can you create project X, make it exactly the same as project Y…
Doing the schemes is not too much trouble, the roles is a bit of a pain, and we normally forget one or two of the custom fields. Especially, given that with 200+ projects and 190+ fields, the custom fields admin screen is about 25 screens long.
- Remove any previous version of this plugin if present. This plugin has been tested on versions 3.8 to 3.13.
- Download jira-plugin-copy-project-0-9-1.jar or source.
NB: IE7 for me is incorrectly changing the file name to .zip.
Please right-click and do Save As, retaining the extension .jar.
- Copy jar in to WEB-INF/lib.
- Download Groovy 1.5.N from here. From the groovy-1.5.N\embeddable directory, extract the file
groovy-all-1.5.6.jar, also copy to you WEB-INF/lib directory.
- Restart JIRA.
- There should be a Copy Project link in the Project section of the admin page…
- Any problems, set logging to DEBUG on com.onresolve.jira.groovy.CopyProjectTool.